.
.

New Colorado State A.D. Talks Optimistically About A Future With Lacrosse

I went to CSU from 1989-93. I'm looking forward to your tenure as AD. As you may or may not know, Colorado State has a great club men's lacrosse program. I was involved with it when I attended, and still keep in touch with it. I would like to know if you have any intention of following the highly successful model at the University of Denver, and making men's and women's lacrosse a varsity D-1 sport? I understand you are constrained by Title IX, but it's hard to argue with the fact that the state and the nation are crazy about lacrosse. Wouldn't the CSU be smart by taking advantage of the burgeoning sport, and making it a recruitment tool by embracing lacrosse as a varsity D-1 sport?
-- Russ , CSU Class of '93

Graham: I would love to add lacrosse to our list of athletic programs. In fact, I intend to make certain that the design we adopt for our on-campus stadium will enable us to use the new stadium for Lacrosse.
However, we do have to be careful that we don't put too many things on our plate too soon. We must prioritize all of the needs and opportunities that are facing us. Lacrosse, women's and men's soccer and men's and women's hockey would all be great additions.

Full Article